Total Pageviews

Friday, December 7, 2012

silly

Too silly not to blog:

B was attention-seeking and vengeful (not a good combo) and kicked Elisa's heel. She was fine, but he howled in pain. Then he yelled at her for hurting him. I could not convince him that she was innocent, but I didn't want to argue anyway. Arguing against an oppositional teenager is silly.


So we got in the restaurant, Panda Express. I sent B to wait in the line and sat my littles down at a table. I asked each of them if there's something extra yummy they remembered liking, besides orange chicken and lo mein. Eva stared blankly, Elisa said "rice". JJ looked at me excitedly and said, "So we're eating at Panda?" The rest of the meal went relatively well. The only issues were my two boys going into the bathroom together, and B stealing my fortune cookie.

Then we got back in the car without too much fussing. Behavior really can turn on a dime around here, so I was thankful for the continued smoothness. Eva has had alot of trouble buckling her seatbelt this week, yet has not taken initiative to pull the buckle out of the hole before trying, even when prompted alot. We've waited "patiently" for several minutes at the beginning of each car ride, letting her problem solve. It's not been working. New strategy: prompt Eva to ask her sister for help. After Elisa works on buckling Eva for what feels like forever, I say "Eva, she can't do it. You try again." And Eva buckles successfully within 3-5 seconds. Every. Single. Time.

Dinner and seatbelts taken care of, we headed to the Christmas concert at the Lutheran High School. I've been kind of excited about it all week. I thought it would help get us more jazzed up for Christmas and make new memories. Except there was no concert. It's NEXT Friday. B said "You wasted all that gas!" (We drove approximately 1.2 miles.) So we watched some of the soccer tournament. The man at the gate said I was welcome to come back next Friday for the concert, but I better show up early because they get really packed. I said "I did show up early. Early enough for front row seats!" Let's see where my silly mind ends up taking us next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment